APERTURE INSTAGRAM GIVEAWAY
2021-2022 Official Terms & Conditions
APERTURE GIVEAWAY RULES
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO OPTOMETRY STUDENTS WHO ARE RESIDENTS OF CANADA AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. SEE BELOW FOR FULL GIVEAWAY DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS GIVEAWAY CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE GIVEAWAY RULES (THE “GIVEAWAY RULES”).
1) The Giveaway runs from April 14, 2022, 12:00 PM to April 19, 2022, 12:00 PM Eastern Time (ET) (the “Giveaway Period”).
2) The Giveaway is open to all optometry students who are legal residents of Canada (including Quebec), and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this giveaway, you must:
be a current Doctor of Optometry Student at the University of Waterloo or the University of Montreal.
be following the CAOS account @caostudents and Good-Lite Co account @goodliteco on Instagram; and
during the Giveaway Period, enter a comment on the respective Instagram post which contains all of the following elements (together, an “Entry”):
(i) tag(s) of the indicated number of additional Instagram accounts;
(ii) an answer to the prompt or question as pertains to the Instagram photo posted on a specific day;
(iii) the hashtag #GoodLiteGives
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant's Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Giveaway. Failure to comply with the Contest Entry Specifications will result in disqualification.
4) The number of Entries permitted in the Contest is limited to one per Entrant per day.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR NAME) MAY BE POSTED ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
5) From April 14, 2022 12:00PM ET to April 19, 2022 12:00PM ET in Waterloo, Ontario, Sponsor (CAOS Communications) will review all eligible Entries to select 16 winners:
The Winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted each day from April 15, 2022 to April 19, 2022 whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
6) The winners will be declared each day from April 15, 2022 to April 19, 2022. Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by Instagram direct message and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply by Instagram direct message within one (1) business day of notification and explicitly state that they accept the conditions of the prize. This statement implies consent of the following assumptions:
confirms compliance with the contest rules;
releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Giveaway, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name and Entry in the Aperture magazine, and any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
The selected entrant must also complete a skill-testing question which will consist of simple math in accordance with the promotional contest provision of the Canadian Competition Act. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by private message within one (1) calendar days of selection, (ii) does not answer the skill-testing question, or (iii) physically claim the prize by the end of the academic term as stated by the respective school, he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
7) The following prizes (total ARV $674 CAD) are available. Winners will receive one of the following:
6 x Gift Bags with Select Items from COVD Pediatric Kit ($150 CAD Total)
2 x Red Maddox and Frosted Occluder ($62 CAD Total)
2 x Good-Lite Coloring Rock Game ($94 CAD Total)
2 x Sloan Letter Proportional Spaced Translucent Chart for 10 Feet ($90 CAD Total) 4 x Gift Bags with Select Items from GoodLite Home Vision Therapy Kit ($278 CAD Total)
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Entry.
NOTE: The Prize does not include, and the Sponsor will not pay for, transportation to and/or from the University of Waterloo or Université de Montréal for pick up. Winners must arrange for their own transportation, accommodation, and spending money.
8) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
9) By entering the Sweepstakes, you grant Sponsor permission to access and share your Instagram account handle, name, and email address for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
10) Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Giveaway; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant's or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
SOCIAL NETWORK DISCLAIMER
1155 Jansen Farm Drive, Elgin, IL 60123, USA email@example.com
13) Canadian Association of Optometry Students (CAOS) 200 University Ave W, Waterloo, ON N2L3G1, Canada firstname.lastname@example.org